Welcome to OpenZFS
The eleventh annual OpenZFS Developer Summit was held in San Francisco Oct 16-17 (Mon-Tue), 2023.
|Introducing Fast Dedup
|Z.I.A. Accelerates ZFS Compression, Checksumming, and RAIDZ
|Los Alamos National Labs
|Idmapped Mount Support in ZFS and its Application
|Matt Ahrens; Don Brady
|Delphix, FreeBSD Foundation; Klara Inc, iXsystems
|OpenZFS at scale: learning, challenges, and awesome customers
|Shared Log Pool
See OpenZFS Developer Summit 2022 for presentations and information about last year's conference.
Introduction to OpenZFS
OpenZFS is an open-source storage platform. It includes the functionality of both traditional file systems and volume manager. It has many advanced features including:
- Protection against data corruption. Integrity checking for both data and metadata.
- Continuous integrity verification and automatic “self-healing” repair
- Data redundancy with mirroring, RAID-Z1/2/3 [and DRAID]
- Support for high storage capacities — up to 256 trillion yobibytes (2^128 bytes)
- Space-saving with transparent compression using LZ4, GZIP or ZSTD
- Hardware-accelerated native encryption
- Efficient storage with snapshots and copy-on-write clones
- Efficient local or remote replication — send only changed blocks with ZFS send and receive
Contributing to OpenZFS
The OpenZFS project brings together developers from the Linux, FreeBSD, illumos, MacOS, and Windows platforms. OpenZFS is supported by a wide range of companies.
There are many ways to contribute to OpenZFS including:
- OpenZFS uses GitHub to track bug reports and feature development
- A monthly OpenZFS Leadership Meeting Zoom call to discussion active development
- The annual OpenZFS Developer Summit
Get Started with OpenZFS
A non-exhaustive list of OpenZFS features
OpenZFS Technical Resources
Feature Details. Detailed subsystem/feature blogs, on-disk format specifications: Developer Resources
We accept donations to cover our ongoing costs.
OpenZFS is an associated project of SPI (Software in the Public Interest). SPI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which handles our donations, finances, and legal holdings. You can donate through paypal using the link below: